Winter Academy Winter Academy - Public Procurement: Preventing Irregularities & Fraud
Managing fraud risks and ensuring compliance in public procurement - Effective prevention of bid rigging - Detecting and investigating procurement fraud
|English||20.11.2019 - 22.11.2019||This event will take place in a 4-Star hotel in Berlin.||as of 2.989,- € * until 30.08.2019 * all prices are VAT excluded|
|Date:||20.11.2019 - 22.11.2019|
|Location:||This event will take place in a 4-Star hotel in Berlin.|
|Price:||as of 2.989,- € * until 30.08.2019 * all prices are VAT excluded|
How to protect public finances
A crucial part of public spending is handled through public procurement procedures. Bid rigging, illegal agreements between competitors and conflicts of interest of procurement staff are, however, a threat to public institutions. Therefore, staff responsible for the prevention and detection of fraud as well as procurement staff needs to be well prepared to identify red flags and to monitor and audit procurement procedures.
- Develop your knowledge on how to determine whether bid rigging or collusive tendering is taking place in your institution.
- Become familiar with investigation techniques to discover possible procurement fraud.
- Gain a deep understanding of risk management when dealing with contractors and subcontractors.
- Find out more on how to increase the efficiency and transparency of procurement procedures in your institution.
- Actively avoid conflict of interest within your staff when it comes to public tendering.
- Directly apply what you learned during interactive team exercises.
- Receive a unique diploma at the end of the Winter Academy.
Heads of Departments and Units, Managers and other responsible staff from institutions such as:
- Ministries and executive agencies
- International Organisations and NGOs
- National and international agencies for international aid and development, economic cooperation & reconstruction
- Public development banks & public banks
- National and regional Courts of Auditors
- Corruption prevention and combating bureaus
- National inspection boards
- National and regional police and security authorities
- Public prosecution services
- Other international, national and regional public institutions and organisations
- Consulting companies working with and for the public sector