International Practical Seminar The Optimal Use and Implementation of Accrual Accounting and Budgeting in Public Institutions
Using Accruals for a Better Organisation
Accrual accounting and budgeting can have a major impact on your efficiency and accountability, but can also lead to an overload of information. Having accruals in place does not automatically translate into the desired benefits. Without a thorough understanding of specificities in the public sector, of the interplay between accounting, budgeting and reporting as well as of decision-making and controlling, the cost of accruals can even surpass their benefits.
Get the Complete Picture – Strengthen Accountability, Decision-Making and Sustainable Planning
This international seminar will provide you with in-depth insights on the differences between accruals and cash, various challenges organisations faced while implementing accruals and on how to harvest the full potential of accruals. We will i.a. focus on:
- Accruals for decision-making and management control
- Implications for governance, financial reporting and accountability
- Adapting business processes to an accrual basis
- Translating accrual statements into meaningful budget reports under IPSAS
- What are the key differences between accruals and a cash basis and how do you adopt accruals along the accounting cycle?
- How do you implement accrual accounting and budgeting within your organisation?
- What are pros and cons of accruals and how do you harvest the benefits for decision-making and managerial control?
- Which challenges might you encounter while implementing accrual accounting and budgeting?
- How do you embed accruals in your business processes and organisational culture?
- How do you have to adjust your data collection and IT systems for a functional accrual system?
- How do you reconcile different reporting structures with IPSAS?
- What role do stakeholders play in the wake of implementing accruals?
All Directors, Heads of Unit and Officers from Departments and Directorates for:
- Internal Oversight
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Resource Department
- Corporate Management
- General/Central Administration
- Organisational Development
- Quality Management; Quality Assurance
- International, European and national institutions
- All central, regional and European agencies and other public authorities
- National and regional ministries
- Public banks, especially development banks
- Universities, research and education authorities
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.