European Seminar Technical Assisstance, HR Competencies and Communication Skills for ESI Funds
The correct usage of Technical Assistance (TA) is a key to ensure your Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) projects are running smoothly. One on-going key issue is the distinction between eligible and non-eligible costs. With the upcoming “Omnibus” regulation, the use of Simplified Cost Options (SCOs) will be extended. In TA they may appear as flat rates for indirect costs. In this context a major question that occurs is how to audit SCOs. In addition, the European Commission emphasises the high importance of including indicators to measure performance. This puts high pressure on TA officers who need to develop methods on how to collect, measure, analyse and monitor indicators the best way. Practitioners ask themselves whether it is useful to apply performance indicators especially for TA. Next to know-how on monitoring and evaluation, TA managers need also to develop further their soft skills. It is their task to manage e.g. trainings for ESIF experts and support programme managers. Therefore they need strong communication and negotiation skills.
Stay up to date with the challenges of the current Programming Period of 2014-2020. Gain an overview on how they are dealt with in various Member States and how to apply the guidelines to the situation in your country. During this seminar you will learn how TA is monitored and how indicators can be used to measure performance as well as obtain an understanding on how to implement an efficient evaluation strategy. Become familiar with the application of SCOs for Technical Assistance and when it is practical to use them for your TA projects. Knowing and thus avoiding frequent irregularities that might occur is a key asset to be thoroughly prepared for verifications and audits. Gain a deeper knowledge in HR competencies, such as conflict management and communication methods. Benefit from the opportunity to exchange experience with delegates from other European countries working with TA and discuss challenges and best practice solutions. Gain practical insights within our practical team exercises summing up the major challenges that occur when managing Technical Assistance.
This tailor-made European Seminar is designed especially for Technical Assistance Experts such as:
- Heads of Unit
- TA Experts, Specialists and Coordinators
- Expert Advisors
- Programme Managers
- Project Managers
- Financial Officers
- Auditors, Controllers, Evaluators
from Technical Assistance Departments or other departments in:
- Managing Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Operational Programmes and other bodies working with Technical Assistance for European Structural and Investment Funds
- How to use Technical Assistance (TA) in your project successfully
- How to distinguish eligible and non-eligible costs in practice
- Is it practicable to use simplified cost options for TA?
- How to fulfil evidence requirements for indicators
- How many indicators are needed for the implementation of TA projects? How comprehensive do they have to be?
- What are possible consequences of using certain indicators?
- How to correctly conduct the procurement process for TA related services, eg. for evaluation studies • How is TA monitored?
- How to ensure an efficient linkage between your evaluation strategy and your TA strategy?
- How do verification and audit of TA work in practice?
- How to apply HR practices in TA
- How to evolve communication and negation strategies
- Be prepared for the TA challenges in the current Programming Period 2014-2020 and beyond
- Make the European Structural and Investment Funds running through a comprehensively well organised TA
- Increase the absorption rate of available funds for TA and thus ensure that all available funds are put to best use
- Profit from case-related presentations and team exercises
- Exchange experience with our experts and delegates from other European countries working with TA and gain know-how for your every day work
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.