Summer Academy: Improving Financial Management, Control and Audit of EU Funds 2014-2020 Financial Control
Effective financial control and audit remains crucial for the correct implementation of European Structural and Investment Funds in 2014-2020
In 2018, the implementation of Operational Programmes of European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI Funds) 2014-2020 is well on track. The management and control systems are mostly in place and reimbursements to beneficiaries are conducted. Although many professionals dealing with managing, certifying and auditing ESI Funds are experienced with the financial management, control and audit issues, the regulations for ESI Funds 2014-2020 have introduced new requirements and elements that could cause difficulties in the implementation and control of the funds.
Among the “new” elements are the increased flexibility for reimbursement of costs, the introduction of management declaration as well as annual accounts. Besides these aspects, some “old” areas remain difficult and could be substantially improved. These areas include obtaining reliable assurance during desk based checks and on-the-spot checks, effective assessment of management and control systems or choosing the right sampling method. Sound financial management of European ESI Funds 2014-2020 and reliable audit trail continue to be essential for securing that all European funding resources are spent in a correct and efficient manner.
Member States are obliged to prevent, detect and correct irregularities and to recover amounts unduly paid, together with interests on late payments. When the amounts unduly paid to a beneficiary cannot be recovered and this is a result of fault or negligence on the part of a Member State, this Member State is responsible for reimbursing these amounts to the budget of the Union. Therefore, national authorities have to meet the challenges of stronger financial controls and carry out the respective audits.
Profit from intensive training and a practical approach to the most challenging aspects of financial control and audit
The Summer Academy on Improving Financial Management, Control and Audit of EU Funds 2014-2020 offers you the unique opportunity to learn and exercise in detail the most important topics related to financial management, control and audit of ESI Funds in the programming period 2014-2020. This three-day event provides you with theoretical and practical information on the most revelant aspects related to the management, first and second level of control. Each modul consists of presentation, case study and team exercise. The presentations at the beginning of each module offer you compact and in-depth information on the respective topic. The following case studies and team exercises make you familiar with practical aspects and deepen your knowledge on cases that occur in practice. The workshop facilitator answers your individual questions, guides you through the exercise with suggestions and supports you in case of uncertainties. Towards the end of each session, all groups may present their work, compare their results with the other groups and discuss further solutions with our experts.
In addition to team exercises and discussions on each module, you are invited to test your freshly-acquired know-how by participating in the daily knowledge checks that will take place at the end of every training day. These consist of multiple choice questions based on the main issues discussed during the morning and afternoon sessions.
Based on your successful results of the daily knowledge checks, you will be awarded a unique diploma of the European Academy for Taxes, Economics & Law.
Upgrade your knowledge on Improving Financial Management, Control and Audit of EU Funds in the Programming Period 2014-2020
This Summer Academy is dedicated to improve your knowledge by means of lectures, case studies, team exercises and knowledge checks. It is designed for public officials such as Directors, Heads of Departments and Units, Programme Managers, Controllers, Auditors, Counselors, Advisors, Experts and other members of staff working in:
- Managing Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Supreme Audit Institutions and Regional Audit Institutions
- Beneficiaries (e.g. national, regional, local government administrations, agencies, universities, associations and organisations as well as private beneficiaries)
- Consulting Companies, Advisory and Audit Services
- and other institutions and stakeholders dealing with management and control of EU Funds
- Upgrade your knowledge on financial management, control and audit of European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI Funds) in the programming period 2014-2020
- Get ready for the financial management, control and audit of ESI Funds – Become acquainted with the control and audit requirements and how to cope with them
- Obtain a high level of assurance and improve your Management and Control System
- Ensure legality and regularity of the expenditure spent
- Learn the practical obstacles that may arise and how to tackle them
- Increase the efficiency of your work by implementing the newest methods and tools in financial control and audit of ESI Funds
- Prevent and minimise irregularities at all stages and avoid over-reimbursement and financial corrections
- Improve your know-how and strengthen your expertise in this field
- Acquire confidence in your financial control and audit performance
- Work on case studies and get plenty of practical advice for your day-to-day work
- Enhance your financial control and audit skills by participating in team exercises
- Discuss your financial control and audit challenges with our qualified speakers
- Network with colleagues from all across Europe and exchange your know-how
- Profit from the extensive experience of our trainers and receive answers to your individual questions
- Measure your knowledge in a special knowledge check and receive a unique diploma
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.