Interactive Seminar Successful Financing and Implementing Broadband Infrastructure Projects 2014-2020
<p>Equipping all households – rural or urban – with fast or even ultrafast broadband is a major priority for all European Member States. The European Commission strongly recommends increasing all efforts in order to achieve goals of the “Gigabit Society” agenda by 2025. <br /><br />In order to completeset goals, public authorities need to focus their efforts and develop sophisticated implementation strategies. One of the major challenges results from the fact that private stakeholders are reluctant to invest in rural broadband implementation classifying these investments as too risky and without enough financial output. European funding schemes seem a solution to the financial gap in broadband projects but funds often need to be combined and co-financed. Furthermore, there are new funding devices, such as the currently set up Connecting Europe Broadband Fund (CEBF). As this is a brand new tool, application modalities for this financial instrument remain vague. National, regional and local broadband competence offices should serve as info points and bring more claritybut they are not functional in all Member States yet and in different countries their tasks have been defined in different ways. </p>
European rural communities find themselves in a trade-off between a need for users’ connectivity and investors’ interests. 100 % fiber roll-out in Europe can only succeed when public authorities involved understand the needs of private investor. Then they will learn how to convince them and how to mitigate financial risks.
Profit from our interactive seminar and learn from different national best practices how to reach out for the last few per cent of broadband roll-out. Obtain a thorough overview on up-to-date developments in broadband financing and implementation from European Commission, European Investment Bank and European Court of Auditors. Find out, what are the funding opportunities for small communities and how to convince private investors. Get to know the funding procedures for the newly established CEBF and learn how to deal with Public Private Partnerships. Prepare for the implementation of the Gigabit Society and make your broadband projects a success.
Practitioners and decision makers involved in the implementation of broadband infrastructure projects from institutions such as
- National, regional and local administrations responsible for and involved in broadband development, deployment and infrastructure, incl. ministries and agencies
- Managing Authorities and Intermediate Bodies for EU Funds: ERDF, ESF, CF and EAFRD
- Technology and telecommunication companies, suppliers and providers of broadband infrastructure
- ICT clusters and telecommunication networks
- Public and private banks involved in financing broadband
- Consultancies specialised in broadband
From departments such as
- Broadband and Infrastructure
- Strategic Planning Division
- Electronic Communication
- Regional & Rural Development
- EU Funds
- State Aid Control and Monitoring
- How to achieve the EU broadband targets 2025
- How to install a National Broadband Competence Office
- How to combine national and European Funds
- How to access the new Connecting Europe Broadband Fund
- How to deal with diverging stakeholder interests
- How to foster investment by private investors and Public Private Partnerships (PPP)
- How to shape contract models with PPP
- How to deal with projects that are not economically viable
- How to monitor and evaluate broadband investment
- How to reshape projects in order to reduce financial risks
- How to identify mitigant aspects for financial risks
- How to get advisory support by the European Investment Bank (EFSI/ESIF)
- How to install broadband wireless infrastructures in rural areas
- How to stimulate broadband infrastructure in rural areas with low population density
- How to establish participatory processes with involved communities
- How to establish and support successful community-led (bottom-up) projects
- Get first-hand information from European Commission and European Investment Bank on new funding and financing instruments – Exchange opinions and receive practical advice from various perspectives
- Learn about the newly established Connecting Europe Broadband Fund (CEBF) and how to access it
- Find out how to successfully convince private investors to fund your Broadband Project
- Get direct insight in the EC-EIB cooperation and learn about the new European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI)
- Benefit from various case studies and lessons learnt from best practice project examples – Receive valuable practical advice
- Be pro-active and raise your questions and uncertainties with regard to the various EU financing opportunities for broadband
- Network and exchange experiences with our experts and colleagues from all across Europe
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.