Practical Seminar State Aid for Infrastructure Projects
Staying up to date with the latest provisions for State aid for infrastructure projects
Infrastructure projects are a key area of European State aid law. At the core of the regulations is the aspect of economic vs. non-economic purpose of an infrastructure. If a later economic use of an infrastructure can be expected, already the building of this infrastructure may be considered an economic activity and therefore State aid could be involved.
What are the specifications in the different sectors of infrastructure?
For several types of infrastructure it is challenging to determine whether they are in compliance with EU State aid law. Take this chance to discuss the new challenges and current developments at EU level with representatives from the European Commission as well as experienced experts from Member States at our seminar.
- Be well prepared for managing infrastructure projects and know which pitfalls to expect and whether State aid is involved
- Ensure the correct financing of infrastructure projects according to State aid regulation requirements
- What are the latest developments on EU level in the field of State aid for infrastructure projects?
- How to assess in practice whether an infrastructure project contains an economic activity
- How can you make sure that infrastructure project financing is done in accordance with State aid regulations?
- How to treat the relevant levels of owner, operator and user correctly
- What needs to be taken into account when financing infrastructure under SGEI?
- What do the Notice on the Notion of Aid and the General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER) imply in regards to infrastructure?
- What are the possible consequences of including ports and airports into the GBER?
- What are key challenges for infrastructures in different sectors: R&D and local infrastructure?
Heads of Departments and Units, Managers, Lawyers, Auditors and other members of staff working in the public sector in departments and units such as:
- State Aid Unit/State Aid Control
- Legal Department
- Market and Competition
- EU law/EU affairs
- Programmes and Projects
- Coordination of EU Projects
- EU Funds/State Aid
- Regional Development
- Funding Programmes
- Public Private Partnership
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.