Reinforced Financial Control
|English||20.05.2019 - 21.05.2019||Courtyard by Marriott Berlin Mitte||1.291,- € * until 01.03.2019 * all prices are VAT excluded|
|Date:||20.05.2019 - 21.05.2019|
|Location:||Courtyard by Marriott Berlin Mitte|
|Price:||1.291,- € * until 01.03.2019 * all prices are VAT excluded|
The European Commission has set out detailed arrangements on the management and control systems to be operated by Member States for the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) 2014-2020. In the regulations for the ESI Funds 2014-2020 the European Commission proposed on the one hand some simplification in the management and financial control procedures, but on the other hand introduced new requirements (such as fraud risk self-assessment) for all authorities. Member States are given considerable responsibility in the monitoring and financial control of their Operational Programmes and are required to carry out extensive audits. Therefore, public officials responsible for implementation of ESI Funds are challenged to set up efficient management and control systems, prepare sound control and audit approaches, improve financial control performance and prevent irregularities and fraud. Furthermore, a more and more digitalised world bares new challenges for all public authorities. When auditing eligibility of costs, more and more beneficiaries use digital documents instead of paper. But how to control these documents in practice?
Although the European Commission relies greatly on the financial control activities undertaken by the national bodies, it conducts comprehensive audits as well. A failure to comply with the rules and incorrect reimbursements of EU Funds may lead to repayments and financial liability of the EU Member States.
Managing, Certifying and Audit Authorities as well as their Intermediate Bodies need to be aware of the challenges ahead. Proper management and control systems and accurate knowledge of the regulations and the implementation possibilities greatly reduce the risk of irregularities and reimbursements. Come to our seminar and learn more about your responsibilities and how to face challenges of financial control and audit in the current Programming Period 2014-2020. Make use of digital audit tools and improve the efficiency of your work. Develop and identify audit strategies that comply with the Commission’s requirements. Get to know fraud risk methodologies and self-assessment tools. Train conducting different types of audits and learn about pitfalls and opportunities in detecting fraud online. Tackle successfully specific problems arising in system audits, audits of operations, on-the-spot-checks and statistical sampling. Discover how IT should be used as an efficient and effective instrument. Get to know how to exactly prepare Annual Audit Opinion and Annual Control Report and find out how to react in case of identified fraud.
Taking these precautions allows all ESIF Authorities involved to reduce the risk of irregularities, reimbursements and financial corrections and to make ESIF 2014-2020 a success.
Directors, Heads of Units, Managers, Auditors and other experts dealing with the management, certification and control of all EU Funds, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Beneficiaries of EU Funds
- National and Investment Banks, Private Banks
- Regional Development Agencies
- National and Regional Courts of Auditors
- Regional and Local Governments, Municipalities
- Consulting Companies, Advisory and Audit Services
and other institutions and stakeholders dealing with management and control of EU Funds
- How to deal with roles and responsibilities of financial control and audit in the current Programming Period 2014-2020
- How to make best use of IT as instrument in the performance of system audits and audits on operations
- How to establish creative and innovative audit measures
- How to deal with effective management and control systems for the ESI Funds 2014-2020
- Which audit strategies comply with the European Commission’s requirements?
- How to conduct system audits and how to tackle specific problems arising in system audits
- How to conduct audits of operations, on-the-spot-checks and statistical sampling
- How to prepare Annual Audit Opinion and Annual Control Report
- How to react in case of identified irregularities and fraud
- Become familiar with the current EU legislation relevant for financial control of ESI Funds 2014-2020 and its practical implementation
- Get ready for the future: Learn how to handle the regulations and how to avoid second audits
- Increase the efficiency of your work by implementing digital and state of the art audit methods
- Work on case studies and obtain practical advice for your day-to-day work
- Discuss your problems with our audit experts and compare audit and control practice
- Network with colleagues from all across Europe and exchange your know-how
Location: Courtyard by Marriott Berlin Mitte