Practical Seminar Preparing for Audits in EU Development Cooperation Projects and Humanitarian Aid Funding
Professional preparation for external audit can make thedifference between keeping or losing your funding
In order to cooperate successfully with the EC and tobenefit from the external cooperation funds, grantees andcontractors have to follow a multitude of administrativeregulations and audit requirements. From the proposalphase until after project closure, guidelines for audits aswell as for expenditure verifications need to bemeticulously followed. Otherwise, audit findings canbecome a substantial risk.
Selected experts will provide you with the necessaryknowledge on how to comply with audit requirements andhow to prepare best for audits and expenditureverifications. Expert inputs and interactive workshops willensure sustainable learnings. Our selected speakers will focus on:
- Contractual requirements including cost eligibility
- Correct project documentation and record keeping
- How to prepare for audits and expenditureverifications
- Defining objectives and approaches of audits
- How to minimise the risk of potential findings
- Professionals in the Public and NGO sector handling projects funded by EU external cooperation programmes such as:
- Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA)
- European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI)
- Development Cooperation Instrument (DCI)
- other EU External Cooperation Programmes
- Professionals in the Public, Private and NGO sector involved into managing audits of other Programmes and Projects such as:
- European Development Fund (EDF)
- Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection Department (ECHO)
- EC Framework Contracts
- Bilateral Development Cooperation
- National and regional institutions involved in the administration of external and development cooperation and humanitarian aid projects and programmes funded by the European Commission and Member States
- Development Agencies using IPA, ENI, DCI, EDF and bilateral funds
- Development Banks
- Private companies executing service contracts for IPA, ENI, DCI and EDF funded projects
- Consultants advising beneficiaries of EU, multi- and bilateral external cooperation funding
- Private audit companies serving EU beneficiary projects
- What are auditors’ expectations vis-à-vis project beneficiaries?
- How to manage and implement projects according to EU regulations?
- How to implement audit requirements in projects?
- How to conduct risk analysis and risk assessment in the pre-audit stage?
- What are beneficiaries’ common mistakes in project management and evaluation?
- How to implement PRAG Rules and Procedures?
- How to best implement audit recommendations?
- How to comply with the new PAGODA requirements?
- What are the most important contractual requirements for documentation and records keeping?
- How to apply requirements of the European Commission and Audit Authorities on accounting, bookkeeping and verification?
- Prevent the loss of funding to your EU funded project by implementing audit requirements in accordance to EU rules
- Benefit from presentations from both the beneficiary’s and the auditor’s perspective
- Increase the efficiency of your work
- Learn proper archiving methods to answer audit questions even years after the project
- Learn how to avoid the threat of funding recovery
- Receive practical advice on your individual questions
- Benefit from many practical examples and exercises as well as group work sessions
- Network with experts and peers from other countries and exchange your experiences
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.