Monitoring, Evaluating & Auditing Performance in EU Funded Projects
In the current programming period, a much stronger focus lays on results-based management. The impact of EU funded actions must be measured, monitored, evaluated and audited. 2019 will be the year of the performance review. Member States have to report their total eligible expenditure to the European Commission by mid-2019 and thus prove that their Operational Programmes (OP) have met set milestones. On the basis of the performance review, the European Commission will make a decision whether or not to allocate the performance reserve to the respective OPs priority axes. Where milestones have not been achieved, Member States have to reallocate the performance reserve to other priorities within a certain amount of time. If evidence occurs of serious failures in achieving particular milestones, the Commission can suspend all or part of interim payments.
Result and performance orientation influences the implementation of Operational Programmes and the work of all stakeholders. Make sure you are well prepared for the performance review process in 2019 and avoid payment cuts. In our seminar you will learn, what is required by the European Commission and how to proceed when milestones are not met. Learn which evaluation tool fits your intended outcomes and how to collect the data you need. Practice different audit methodologies and types of reports produced. Get practical tips directly from the European Court of Auditors. You will discuss how to monitor your projects effectively and find out how to achieve intended results. Prepare already for post 2020 when result orientation will be further increased.
Members of staff dealing with management, control, monitoring and evaluation of ESI Funds 2014-2020 including Directors, Heads of Units, Managers, Experts, Controllers, Auditors, Officers, Lawyers from:
- Managing Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies and other Authorising Bodies
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Beneficiaries of EU Funds
- National and Investment Banks, Private Banks
- Regional Development Agencies
- National and Regional Courts of Auditors
- Regional and Local Governments, Municipalities
- Consulting Companies, Advisory and Audit Services
- How to prepare for the Annual Implementation Report 2019
- How to structure processes in order to allocate the performance reserve right
- How to monitor and evaluate performance
- What are challenges and opportunities of monitoring Operational Programmes?
- How to fulfil reporting requirements on implementation progress
- How can beneficiaries reach targets and contribute to the collection of data
- What are the most appropriate evaluation methodologies? For which type of operations do they apply?
- How to collect data and what information is needed for your evaluation
- What are qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods and how to apply them in practice?
- What is the goal of the Counterfactual Impact Evaluation, and for which projects and programmes is it useful?
- How can an Audit Authority include the auditing of indicators and performance in an audit strategy?
- What is performance audit, why do we need it, and how to apply it?
- Fulfill the obligations in the implementation of ESI Funds 2014-2020
- Guarantee good quality of your processes and meet requirements for the Annual Implementation Report 2019
- Ensure that your monitoring, evaluation and audit processes focus on indicators and performance
- Gain certainty in monitoring and evaluating your Operational Programmes
- Learn how to measure the impact of ESI Funds intervention
- Be aware of financial control and audit requirements with regard to performance
- Get latest news on performance auditing processes from the European Court of Auditors
- Network and exchange experiences with stakeholders from other countries and regions
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.