Interactive Seminar How to Design Research & Development Contracts in Practice
|English||21.03.2019 - 22.03.2019||InterCity Hotel Berlin Hauptbahnhof||1.289,- € * until 28.12.2018 * all prices are VAT excluded|
|Date:||21.03.2019 - 22.03.2019|
|Location:||InterCity Hotel Berlin Hauptbahnhof|
|Price:||1.289,- € * until 28.12.2018 * all prices are VAT excluded|
Fatal consequences of incorrect legal frameworks
Research and development (R&D) projects and cooperation, with or without European, national or international funding, need a safe and sound legal contract design. In most cases, the legal framework decides about the success of a project and lays the foundation for a smooth pursuit of research activities. Incorrect contract design leads to financial risks, loss of intellectual property and research results as well as decrease of economic value.
- What is a R&D contract and when should you use one?
- What are the essential terms of a R&D contract?
- What is to consider with academic freedom and publication rights?
- What are the key issues with international partners?
- What are the benefits of using DESCA
- How to deal with intellectual property rights?
- What can be protected?
- What are the challenges in consortium agreements for research projects under Horizon 2020?
- What are the specific issues and common pitfalls with technology transfer?
Directors, Heads of Departments or Units, Managers, Lawyers and other members of staff involved and working in scientific research, with R&D projects and dealing with cooperation and intellectual property
from Departments such as:
- Research and Development Services
- Legal Services
- Intellectual Property
- Technology and Knowledge Transfer
- Patents and Licensing
- Research and Technology Institutes, Centres and Clusters
Location: InterCity Hotel Berlin Hauptbahnhof