Capacity Building Workshop Get on Top of Your Risks - Risk Analysis Toolkit for Development Cooperation
Assess and Manage Risks Systematically * Avoid Defunding * Customised Risk Register
Our Capacity Building Workshop provides hands-on insight and lasting solutions within the following thematic blocks:
- Financial Compliance Risks
- Management Compliance Risks
- Other Compliance Risks (i.e. Documentation, Dissemination etc.)
- Integrate Various Risk Perspectives in the Risk Assessment Tool
We come well prepared for you:
EuroAcad facilitates the customisation of the risk assessment tool – via our experts - to your project-specific aspects. Our experts will contact you directly as a registered delegate in order to exchange all relevant information on a confidential basis.
We ensure a high-quality training environment:
During the Capacity Building Workshop, delegates will be sensitised for financial, managerial and other risks. You will be trained in small groups to systematically assess, prioritise and mitigate the risks.
We stand for sustainable capacity building:
The customised risk assessment tool remains at the delegates’ disposal to facilitate sustainable capacity building.
Avoid Defunding Due to Non-Compliance with Financial, Procurement and Managerial Requirements by DG DEVCO
Studies indicate that the percentage of ineligible amounts identified by ex-ante and ex-post controls (the end of 2016) amounts to over 21% of the amount claimed. Successfully implementing development projects funded by the European Commission requires recipients to respect a complex set of rules and to follow procedures, e.g. in procurement and internal controls. Recipients of EU funding bear the risk of defunding in case of non-compliance with these rules. However, as many of them pass on funding to implementing parties, they also have to account for the compliance by the latter.
Keep track of your own compliance, monitor risks and handle them systematically. Those three activities are key to stay on top of your project until after the auditing process. Our experts will empower the delegate to:
- Assess risks upfront and during implementation
- Manage remediation on potential non-compliance
- Create a risk-related mind-set
In addition to providing hands-on support for your risk management and compliance, we put an emphasis on sustainable solutions. The risk assessment tool presented and customised to your project – before and during the workshop – will thus remain with you even after the training. The tool allows for a systematic mapping of your risks and provides the basis to design mitigating control measures so to reduce potential refunds.
EuroAcad exclusively designed this Capacity Building Workshop for Programme Managers, Financial Managers and Internal Auditors within organisations in the public and NGO sector that recently signed multi-year grant contracts in the field of external actions of the European Union, funded through:
- EDF: The 11th European Development Fund that provides aid for 79 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) partner countries of the Union and for the Overseas Countries and Territories of Member States
- DCI: The Development Cooperation Instrument that covers cooperation with partner countries and regions, namely: Latin America, Asia, Central Asia, the Middle-East and South Africa.
- EIDHR: The European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights that aims to help establish democracy, the rule of law, and the protection of human rights and basic freedoms.
- IcSP: The Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace that helps to prevent and respond to crises and create a safe and stable environment in partner countries.
Guaranteed Professional Focus on Your Challenges – Limited to 7 Delegates Per Expert and Customisation of the Risk Assessment Tool Beforehand
As a platform for knowledge exchange and capacity building, our Capacity Building Workshop will provide customised advice as a basis for project-specific solutions. Before the workshop, we will thus set up the risk assessment tool with respect to your real-life contractual requirements. Working groups of up to seven delegates will be closely mentored and guided by one expert in order to ensure close attention and risk assessment on your project-specific challenges.
Funding from the European Commission requires a meticulous knowledge about its rules and procedures. Based on the regulations, funded parties are however entitled to account for their capacity building cost in their project budget. Our experts are happy to provide advice to registered delegates on how to claim this workshop’s cost within their project budget.
Complying with donor’s rules and procedures is crucial for both the donor’s and your interest. Finance your capacity building cost through your project budget. Detailed information will be provided during the workshop.
Our experts will prepare and customise the Risk Assessment Tool for a productive workshop: They facilitate this process and will contact you directly as a registered delegate in order to obtain and handle all project-specific information beforehand and most confidentially.
- Get on top of your risks, both for your own project roll-out and for your implementing partners.
- Systematise your risk assessment and your mitigation measures with a customised risk assessment tool that you can continue to use after the workshop.
- Learn from experienced auditor and risk management experts about pitfalls and practical solutions from EC-funded projects.
- Exchange with international delegates in order to enlarge your network and pool your real-life experience.
The International Institute for Capacity Building
Experts of the International Institute for Capacity Building (IICB) will lead this Capacity Building Workshop. This organisation is established to respond effectively to the challenges faced by coordinators and beneficiaries of grants in the field of development aid and cooperation. IICB has a passion for improving financial management by training and advising organizations around the world. The team consists of professionals with over a decade of experience as auditors and financial managers of EU funded Actions within the development and cooperation sector.
Throughout pre-award, implementation and close-out phases, IICB helps organisations to use the funds in accordance with sound financial management, as based on the principles of economy, efficiency and effectiveness. In order to ensure sound financial management of funds allocated by donors, guarantee eligibility and compliance with the contractual conditions, IICB designs and implements the tools an organisation needs to manage the action.
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.