Financing & Implementing Energy Projects in Africa 2016
Investments in the energy sector in Africa are rising faster than ever before. The European Union & global partners allocate increasingly more money to the funding and financing of private and public energy projects in Africa. The upcoming years will open up completely new horizons for energy professionals by creating new funding and financing instruments which can be accessed for energy projects and new possibilities of blending funds & financial instruments in order to create synergy effects. Public authorities, private companies, public and private energy providers, international, European and national organisations & NGOs as well as higher education institutions and research institutes interested in financing and carrying out energy projects in the array of infrastructure, building, research and especially alternative energy (solar, wind, geothermal, biomass etc.) can look forward to strong support from Brussels, global partners and national banks & initiatives: For instance, approximately 13 billion EUR will be allocated to energy projects in the field of development cooperation by DG DEVCO (EuropeAid).
What is the Financing & Carrying out Energy Projects in Africa 2016? The Financing & Carrying out Energy Projects in Africa 2016 is an international conference which will be hosted in Berlin, Germany. This event will bring together global, European and national partners, high level government officials, business executives and NGO representatives to exchange on financing and carrying out energy projects in Africa. It will offer the participants the possibility to get to know the most important funding & financing opportunities offered by global, European and national partnersmeet representatives from public authorities in Africa and key private players from the private sector and NGOs who can give insights into the application process and the implementation of the projectsmeet potential collaboration partners from all over the world
- What are the best funding opportunities for energy projects in Africa (infrastructure, building, research and especially alternative energy [solar, wind, geothermal, biomass etc.])?
- What are the key support instruments for energy projects in Africa offered by UN-organisations?
- How to make use of financing possibilities for energy projects provided by the African Development Bank (AfDB)?
- How to benefit from support for energy projects provided by the Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS)/ ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREE)?
- What are Europe’s energy strategy and energy priorities for 2014-2020 and beyond as far as Africa is concerned?
- What are the most important (new) EU (financial) instruments supporting energy projects and especially alternative energy projects (solar, wind, geothermal, biogass etc.) in Africa?
- How to make use of EU funding & financing & support offered by
- the EU Energy Initiative (EUEI PDF)
- the Africa-EU Partnership
- the EU-Africa Infrastructure Trust Fund
- DG Devco (EDF)
- DG Energy
- Horizon 2020 and the
- European Investment Bank (EIB)?
- How to benefit from support for energy projects in Africa offered by the German government? How to make use of funding & financing possibilities offered by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)?
- How to make use of KfW-support for energy projects in Africa?
- What are the current and future plans for energy projects and business opportunities in African countries?
- North Africa
- West Africa
- East Africa
- South Africa
- Experience gathered by private companies from energy projects carried out in Africa: How to enter the market? How to succeed in the long run?
- Experience gathered by NGOs from energy projects carried out in Africa: How to enter the business? How to apply for funding? How to succeed in the long run?
- How to benefit from financing possibilities for energy projects in Africa provided by the Asien Development Bank (ADB)?
- What are the most important financing opportunities for energy projects in Africa offered by the Islamic Development Bank (IDB)?
This Interactive International Conference is addressed to high-level experts and energy professionals form institutions and organisations such as:
- Private companies in the fields of energy, renewables, engineering, project Management, IT etc. interested in energy projects in Africa
- National ministries and agencies in the fields of energy, environment, planning, finance, economy, regional development, economic integration, economic cooperation interested in promoting energy projects in Africa and attracting new partners
- International, European and national organisations and NGOs
- Central and regional business and development agencies and especially agencies for development aidInternational financial institutions, Funds and finance facilities, Multilateral, national investment, development and private banks
- Higher education institutions and research institutesAll other international, national and regional public institutions and organisations interested in energy projects in Africa
- Discover new opportunities for financing energy projects in Africa
- Save money and profit from a wide range of funding & financial instruments offered by the EU, global partners and national institutions and banks
- Meet high level energy experts and energy professionals from all over the world
- Discuss your challenges and experiences with our qualified speakers and receive practical advice for your day-to-day work
- Save time and resources by avoiding common mistakes and profit from useful tips from experts
- Find new partners for future energy projects and exchange know-how
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.