1st European Conference on EU Funding for Defence and Security Projects
Opportunities in the New EDF * Synergies with ESIF * Experience from ISF
New Funding Opportunities in Financing Defence and Security Actions within the European Union – New Possibilities, New Challenges
With the European Defence Action Plan, the European Union enters a new field of action. The message of the European Institutions is clear: Europe must take greater responsibility for its security. In June 2017 the European Commission launched the European Defence Fund (EDF) with 5.5 billion Euros per year to finance defence research and capability. There will be various possibilities for companies and research institutes willing to invest and develop in the defence and security sector. Moreover, there are further funding possibilities for such projects within the already well established EU funds and instruments, such as ESIF or Horizon2020. For various companies and research institutes this constitutes a huge opportunity but also a challenge to identify available possibilities and to choose the right one that brings their projects further. Once the choice of the funding instrument has been made, a successful application needs to be written in order to be accepted by the responsible authorities. However, only a small percentage of proposals submitted receive the award. Beneficiaries of EU funding programmes need to meet the strict financial and reporting requirements throughout the life cycle of their projects.
Get to know the procedures under the newly created European Defence Action Plan. Explore various defence and security funding opportunities – for defence consortiums but also for SMEs. The seminar will give you a comprehensive overview that highlights the differences between various options. Get a clearer idea on the practical possibilities of ESIF, EDF, Horizon 2020, COSME and Preparatory Action on Defence Research (PADR). Learn which funding programmes fit your project needs best and make sure you meet the right application requirements. Learn how to write successful applications and to avoid pitfalls during the application phase. Develop your business strategies right in order to receive the maximum amount of funding for your projects. Having achieved the funding, make sure that the financial accounting for your EU funded projects is correct and bring your defence action to a successful closure.
Directors, Heads of Units or Departments as well as other experts and specialists dealing with EU Funds especially from:
- Ministries of Defence
- National and European Defence Agencies
- International Security and Defence Organisations
- National Defense Procurement Agencies
- Police Offices and Authorities
- Other public bodies responsible for security and defence
As well as
- Small & medium-sized enterprises
- Large companies
- Financial and venture capital entities
- Research centres
- Innovation-led companies, R&D institutions and other economic operators concerned by dual-use technologies
- How to access EU Funding for defence and security actions within the existing ESIF Operational Programme 2014-2020
- Which further funding opportunities can be used for your defence activities (HORIZON 2020, COSME & Preparatory Action)
- What are the possibilities under the new European Defence Fund – for research projects and military capabilities
- How to meet EU Funds requirements and apply successfully for existing funds
- How to profit from synergies between the different EU funds in order to finance defence actions
- How to achieve EU financing as an SME for defence actions
- How to access new Funding Opportunities for defence research
- How to use EU Financial Instruments for defence actions
- How to integrate Dual-Use in your company’s strategy
- How to plan your investment in order to achieve the highest chance on EU Funds
- Receive a full and exhaustive view of the main funding sources for defence actions in Europe
- Learn how to write successful applications and to avoid pitfalls during the application phase
- Become an expert on financial accounting for the European funding sources
- Gain assurance in choosing the right call and in preparing for proposal writing
- Get a running start at the new opportunities offered by European Defence Fund (EDF) and Preparatory Action on Defence Research (PADR)
- Learn to use ESIF, Horizon 2020 and COSME funding for your actions and projects
- Discover new funding possibilities, exchange and network with defence experts from all over Europe
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.