Capacity Building Workshop Effectively Minimising the Risk of Defunding in Development Cooperation
Audit Preparation for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Projects
Grantees of the European Commission have to update their procedures according to EC requirements to constantly ensure that they are in line with contractual conditions. Moreover, audit preparation requires meticulous documentation. However, before the external audit, grantees can still optimise their compliance with contractual conditions and particularly cost eligibility at the end if the project. This is crucial in order to minimise the risk of auditors’ findings and ultimately of defunding.
The complexity of the rules by the EC calls for expertise and experience. Our Capacity Building Workshop will provide hands-on advice about how to prevent defunding in the field of External Actions of the European Union. In small workshop groups we will focus on:
- Contractual requirements in EU funded projects regarding audits
- Different types of audits including financial audits and systems audits
- Advice on your specific audit challenges
- Clarification on specific cases of cost eligibility
- Professionals in the Public and NGO sector handling projects funded by EU external cooperation and external aid programmes such as:
- European Development Fund (EDF)
- European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI)
- Development Cooperation Instrument (DCI)
- European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR)
- other EU External Action Cooperation Programmes
- Professionals in the Public, Private and NGO sector involved into managing audits related to one of the nine instruments covering external cooperation and external aid.
- National and regional institutions involved in the administration of external and development cooperation and humanitarian aid projects and programmes funded by the European Commission and Member States
- How to conduct risk analysis and risk assessment in the pre-audit stage?
- How to avoid common audit findings?
- How can you reduce your project-specific audit risks?
- How can you optimise your compliance with contractual conditions?
- What are the most important contractual requirements for documentation and records keeping?
- What are auditors’ expectations vis-à-vis project beneficiaries?
- Prevent the loss of funding to your EU funded project by implementing requirements in accordance to EU rules
- Get our audit experts to examine your specific cases.
- Benefit from fruitful discussions and exchange on good practice and the avoiding of pitfalls
- Learn how to avoid the threat of funding recovery
- Receive practical advice on your individual questions
- Benefit from many practical examples and exercises as well as group work sessions
- Network with experts and peers from other countries and exchange your experiences
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.