Practical Seminar Effective Risk Management and Internal Control in Public Institutions - Integrated Approach
Integrating Risk Management and Internal Control Processes as a Powerful Management Tool
In the current economic and financial context the lack of an adequate approach to risk management is an enormous and real threat to the work of any public administration since nowadays work efficiency and effectiveness in the public sector are more important than ever before. For that reason, public authorities should use professional formalised risk management as an integral and ongoing part of their general management process.
Risk Management Is Not a Choice
In sum, professional risk management is not only about avoiding mistakes but assuring additional benefit for all people involved through constructive links between risk management, internal control, and internal audit. In this seminar, experienced Risk Managers, Auditors and internal control specialists from international and national public organisations share their practical experiences on how they have successfully dealt with the questions commonly appearing when dealing with risks.
- What is the relationship between risk management, internal control, and internal audit?
- Why is risk management a key factor for the management process in your organisation and which benefits will it give to you?
- How to detect weaknesses in internal control?
- What are the risk identification techniques and how to use them in practice?
- How to manage risks in projects?
- How does your entity assess risks according to risk criteria?
- How should you respond to risks effectively?
- How can you monitor and report risks by setting up an efficient communication procedure?
- What are the main pitfalls detected by internal auditors and how to avoid them?
- How to guarantee that your organisation profits optimally from internal control?
- How to facilitate an internal control culture?
Risk managers, auditors, internal control specialists, project managers, controllers, coordinators, members of audit committees or other risk practitioners dealing with risk management, supervisory, control and audit in public administration at all levels:
- National and regional audit authorities
- Internal auditors working in public administration on international, European, national and regional level
- External auditors working for the public administration
- Consultants and accountants working for the public sector
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.