Practical Seminar Effective Change Management in Higher Education and Research Institutions
|English||18.03.2019 - 19.03.2019||This event will take place in a 4-Star hotel in Berlin.||1.491,- € * until 19.03.2019 * all prices are VAT excluded|
|Date:||18.03.2019 - 19.03.2019|
|Location:||This event will take place in a 4-Star hotel in Berlin.|
|Price:||1.491,- € * until 19.03.2019 * all prices are VAT excluded|
Education institutions were and are undergoing a series of profound changes. Funding from government sources is on decrease and Universities need to find other ways to attract financial resources. At the same time, competition is increasing, as domestic organisations compete with other higher education Institutions beyond national borders for the best employees, the best researchers, and the best students. On top of that, there is stronger scrutiny on universities as public organisations if money is spent and managed wisely. Furthermore, the progressive digitalisation transforms whole organisations and the approaches towards intern business processes. Therefore, higher education and research institutions are under a strong pressure to adapt to these new environments. But as easy as this might sound in theory, research organisations are particularly complex and resistance towards change arises from different stakeholders.
The financial crisis has triggered the need for change in several private sector institutions and led in many cases to innovative approaches and ground-breaking structures allowing for change to be incorporated into the organisational culture. Hence, there is a lot to learn from private organisations. In this seminar, you will be introduced to various “success stories” and crucially on how to adapt such models to the public-sector context. Particular focus will be put on harvesting the opportunities for change and turning them into successful models four your own organisation. Furthermore, you will be equipped with a new understanding and set of tools to support that change. Through the modification of several private sector methodologies that apply to higher education, this seminar introduces you to the most valuable practices and tools that you need to lead your organisation successfully trough the change process.
Universities and Research Institutions, especially in the following fields:
- Human Resources Management and Development
- Central Administration, Administrative and Personnel Affairs
- Executive Management
- Organisational Development
- Career Development, Leadership & Talent Management
- Strategy & Capacity Building
- Change Management
- Information & Knowledge Management
- Performance & Evaluation
as well as Directors, Heads of Units and Line Managers leading change processes within their scope of responsibility.
- Which change process is adequate to your institution and your situation?
- How to design change against the backdrop of drivers, intentions and culture?
- How to manage change in times of growing uncertainty?
- How to successfully involve your personnel into the transformation?
- How to design and implement change in times of uncertainty?
- How can internal communication contribute to getting your staff on board?
- How to assess your organisation’s readiness?
- How to structurally enable innovation in your organisation?
- How to reshape processes through collaborative tools?
- How can HR management contribute to strategic organisational development?
- Identify necessary change at an early stage and make sure it works in practice
- Learn from best practice examples and case studies from other education institutions
- Avoid incalculable costs related to underestimated and neglected change processes
- Be prepared for future transformations, instead of being left behind
- Network and exchange with colleagues and experts from all over the world