European Interactive Seminar Digitilisation in Higher Education Institutions & Research: Open Science, Blockchain and AI
|English||10.10.2019 - 11.10.2019||Abba Berlin Hotel||1.389,- € * until 11.10.2019 * all prices are VAT excluded|
|Date:||10.10.2019 - 11.10.2019|
|Location:||Abba Berlin Hotel|
|Price:||1.389,- € * until 11.10.2019 * all prices are VAT excluded|
Chances and Challenges of Digitisation in HE Institutions
Open Science, Block Chain and AI have become buzzwords in the scientific community enriching communication, offering new opportunities for international cooperation and allowing research to be more collaborative and efficient. However, the digital transformation also challenges existing societal structures, reshapes knowledge transmission and contributes to new forms of division of labour between human and machine. This requires new concepts and processes.
Adopting a strategically developed approach towards digital technologies and put them into effective use
This educational experts seminar brings together leaders spearheading digital initiatives in their organisations to offer insights, education and case studies on topics covering the people and culture aspect of transformation right down to the tools and technologies used and the application of methodologies, implementation and strategy.
- What is the impact of the new technological trends on higher education institutions?
- What is the influence of technology on research practices
- How to make research data optimally suited for reuse?
- How to make use of digital ledger technology and big data in research?
- What is 100% open access in 2020?
- How can the Standard Evolution Protocol (SEP) promote the transition to open science?
- What is informed Machine Learning, cognitive phenomena in machines, human-machine interaction or social robotics?
- What are the legal, societal and ethical aspects of AI?
- How to create a strategically developed action plan for the digitisation process for your institution?
- How to monitor and track your progress toward digitization?
Directors, Heads of Departments and Units, Managers, Officers and other members of staff responsible for technology, science and research at:
- Higher Education Institutes (HEIs)
- Research Institutes
- University Hospitals
- University Library
- Science Centres and Clusters
From the following departments:
- Technology & Innovation
- Research and Innovation
- Open Science Coordination
- Communication, Marketing, Press, Public Relation Offices
- HR & Admin
- Data Archiving Services
- Research and Sciences Support Office
- Centre for Science and Data
- Public Engagement Office
- Funding Bodies and Ministries responsible for Higher Education and Research Institutions
Location: Abba Berlin Hotel
Lietzenburger Str. 89