European Seminar Defence and Security Procurement
Regulatory Framework – Collaborative Procurement – Article 346 TFEU
Defence and Security Procurement remains one of the most challenging procurement fields within the public sector
Defence and security procurements are in many ways different from ordinary procurements. The defence market is fundamentally fragmented and the choice of suppliers is fairly limited. At the same time, public authorities are obliged to follow European and domestic procurement procedures that demand them to publicise call for tenders and choose among several bidders.
- How to involve industry prior to the launch of the procedures/purchases, e.g. through market research
- How to differentiate between purchases for civilian versus military use in legally correct manner
- How to ensure quality by choosing the correct awarding and evaluation criteria
- How to choose between different procurement regimes
- How to apply exemptions in a legally correct manner and avoid infringement procedures
- How to protect the Member States’ security interests in public procurement – Article 346 TFEU
- How to prevent corruption and unethical behaviour
- How to prevent security risks, irregularities and fraud in tendering procedures
- How to conduct joint procurements most effectively
- How to calculate life-cycle cost in defence acquisition
Directors, Heads of Units or Departments as well as other experts and specialists dealing with security and defence procurement or planning especially from:
- Ministries of Defence
- National and Central Procurement and Purchasing Agencies in the Defence Sector
- National and European Defence Agencies
- Police Forces and Authorities
- International Security and Defence Organisations
- Armed Forces
- Border Guards
- Sea and Airports
- Other public bodies responsible for security and defence procurement
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.