International Conference Online Crisis Communication in Public Institutions and Organisations 2019
Risk Prevention *Crisis Response Strategies* Measuring Effectiveness
Crisis communication constitutes a complex challenge for communication teams in public institutions, since financial and human resources are still rather limited and mistakes cannot only lead to personal damage but also to reputation losses as well as economic and legal consequences. In order to be well prepared for the next crisis, persons responsible need to ask themselves:
- Which strategies are particularly relevant for which crisis?
- How do I effectively use social media in a crisis situation?
- What legal framework do I have to take into account in a crisis situation?
- How do I react optimally in a crisis situation?
This is where the seminar starts and uses practical reports to show how to build professional crisis communication. The following topics are dealt with in depth:
- Optimum organization and strategies for crisis situations
- Effective use of social media in times of crisis
- Crisis simulations and crisis communication plans
- Legal challenges
- Effective response in crisis and evaluation.
Directors, Heads of Departments or Units, Spokespeople, PR and Communication Officers, Crises and Risk Managers and other members of staff in departments such as:
- Public Relations/Affairs/Information
- Public Diplomacy
- External and Media Relations
- Social Media
Administration and International Organisations From institutions and organisations such as:
- International and European Institutions
- National, regional and local public authorities
- International, regional and national organisations and agencies & NGOs
- Higher education and research institutions
- Public transport companies, para-public and corporate entities
- Receive first-hand experience and advice from well-chosen crisis communication experts
- Learn how to implement the concept of crisis communication in practice
- Gain insights on how other public institutions develop and implement crisis communication plans
- Learn how to use social media efficiently in crisis times
- Benefit from a variety of practical examples of crisis communication
- Learn how to deal with systematic disinformation and fake news effectively
- Network and exchange experiences with our speakers and participants from around the world
- How to establish an effective working process
- How to prepare for a crisis situation by developing an adaptable crisis communication plan
- How to make the most out of your limited resources
- How to communicate risk to the public
- How to prevent and manage reputational crises on social media
- How to coordinate and communicate among and between international stakeholders and authorities
- Learn to understand public mood and reinforce empathy for your cause
- What are the structural requirements for successful crisis communication?
- How should institutions cope with the increasing number of hostile information campaigns?
- What can you do to ensure your credibility in the face of systematic disinformation?
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.