13th European Annual Symposium EU Funds 2018
Mid-Term Review and ESIF beyond 2020
This annual forum brings together hundreds of EU Funds experts from all over Europe and promotes an exchange of knowledge, experience and best practices between EU Institutions and Member States with regard to the correct management and control of European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF).
With its unique character this European Symposium provides an insight into EU Funds issues from a strategic as well as from a programme and management perspective.
2018 will be a very important and dynamic year for the EU Cohesion Practitioners. The preparations for the post 2020 programming period are starting although many questions regarding financial consequences of Brexit remain open. Moreover, the discussed reform of the ESIF Regulations – as a consequence of the so-called “Omnibus” Regulation – will have a huge impact on the implementation of EU funded projects. Especially the use of Simplified Cost Options will be extended and remains a core topic. Fulfilling the performance framework and accomplishing the performance reserve is another big challenge in 2018. With the extension of the General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER), the application of State aid rules on ESIF is supposed to become easier. But reality shows that it tends to be challenging. Most Member States have made first experiences with closing the annual accounts, but dealing with financial corrections in the accounting process is still difficult. Furthermore, digitalisation is a buzz word for public entities all over Europe, but how to digitalise your audits? Moreover, audits tend to be more focused on results rather than financial output.
Get updated on the latest news and developments on national and European level. Gain insight knowledge on current legal changes such as the “Omnibus” Regulation and GBER from the European Commission. Receive first-hand tips and tricks how to deal with increased audits and performance requirements from our experienced experts. Get to know how to deal with advanced payments in annual accounting and how to apply innovative anti-fraud methodologies. Make your results and successes measurable and learn how to optimally prepare for audits. Succeed with necessary adaptations of your Operational Programmes and prepare strategically for the next programming period.
Come to our exclusive event and gain practical know-how on every relevant aspect of implementation. Exchange with peers from all over Europe in our interactive sessions and take home a set of practical tools that make your every-day work easier. Prepare for the next phase in implementation and take an outlook post 2020. Increase absorption of Funding and make your ESIF a success.
The 13th European Annual Symposium EU Funds 2018 is a must-attend event for public officials such as Directors, Heads of Units, Managers, Auditors and other experts dealing with the management, certification and control of all EU Funds, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities and Bodies
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- Paying Agencies
- National Public Authorities
- Regional and Local Governments, Municipalities
- National and Regional Courts of Auditors
- National and Regional Development Agencies
- Public Banks and Private Banks
- Beneficiaries of EU Funds
- Consulting Companies, Advisory and Audit Services and other institutions and stakeholders dealing with management and control of EU Funds
You can look forward to our New Interactive Formats: ESIF Round Tables, Failure Safari & Fishbowl Discussion Round
In 2018 we are offering different types of innovative interactive formats. Participants will have the chance to discuss and exchange intensely with their peers. In this way, everyone gains a deeper understanding of the challenges of the current programming period and receives valuable and concrete tips on suitable solutions.
ESIF Round Tables
Moderated by speakers, participants are invited to join one of the ESIF conversation tables. This format provides the opportunity to discuss openly and creatively several aspects of one problem. It is a perfect mean to share knowledge, ideas and insights.
This interactive and very private round of exchange allows participants to profit from the lessons learned of other Member States. As “mistakes tend to be often the best teachers” participants will have the unique opportunity to reflect on causes and consequences of prior errors and use the gained knowledge to improve processes in the future.
Interactive Fishbowl Discussion
Our fishbowl dialogue gives all participants the opportunity to join the expert panel discussion. In this way, the debate will be not only led by members of the ESIF leader circle but can be shaped from the “bottom-up”. Through our new setting, participants are even more encouraged then before to ask their questions actively and take part in the ESIF discourse.
- Become an expert in achieving your regional and rural goals with ESI Funds 2014-2020
- Get fresh and up to date information on the reform of the EU Cohesion policy regulations and its practical impact on your every-day work
- Use this unique opportunity to benefit from the experience of Member States that are well advanced in the implementation of the Operational Programmes 2014-2020
- Learn right on time how to make the implementation of ESI Funds 2014-2020 a success
- Acquire confidence in your financial control and audit performance – Improve your methods and tools as well as the cooperation with the other authorities involved
- Increase the administrative capacity of your authority and learn from good examples how improved governing structures, skilled human resources and efficient tools contribute significantly to fund management
- Develop networks and contacts with experts, members of European Institutions and partners of European importance at this all-encompassing EU Funds event
- Take part in the European discussion on the optimal management of ESI Funds 2014-2020
We’re sorry! The seminar has already taken place.
We are happy to keep you updated about new events. Please use the form below to provide us with your email address to avoid missing any topic-related events in the future.
Want to speak to us in person?
Ms. Tatjana Ivanova (Team Manager Customer Relationships) will be pleased to get in touch with you.
Phone: +49 (030) / 8020802-2500
Use our callback service.
Type in your phone number in the form below and we will call you back and inform you about the latest events. You can use our call-back service from Monday – Friday between 09:00am and 5.30pm.